Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
The Product Marketing Specialist, reporting into the Segment Marketing Manager, will be responsible for managing the planning and execution of innovation-related product launches, promotional programs, and internal and external communications. As a member of the Marketing & Communications team and working closely with the Chief Innovation Officer, National Innovation Leader, Partner, Innovative Products and various product owners provides product marketing support for innovative products.
- Provides guidance into the look of the customer interface – adhering to brand guidelines and look & feel, as well as consistency between products, Innovation and Osler Works initiatives.
- With input from the product owners, develops the value proposition and key messages and defining key features, advantages and benefits of products.
- Develops marketing plan for product launches and implements plan. Activities cover internal communications, marketing collateral, external promotion (email, osler.com, social, ads, etc.).
- Works with practice groups and Marketing Tech & Analytics team on list development.
- Works with Events team on industry events (tradeshows, conferences).
- Develops plan for post-launch to cover materials and messaging for clients – onboarding materials and programs for adoption, retention, and renewal.
- Builds ongoing marketing programs to drive marketing qualified leads (MQLs) to help fill the sales funnel.
- Establishes marketing program measurements and provides analysis and regular reporting.
- Manages relevant webpages on osler.com, which acts as the public facing location of the product or service, and ensures the page is search engine optimized.
- Ensures consistent messaging and voice in all materials across all distribution channels (i.e. pitch documents, messaging for partners to use with clients / elevator pitch).
Education and Experience
This position requires a university degree in Business Administration, plus a minimum of three years’ experience in product marketing within a B2B environment, preferably in professional or technology services, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Knowledge and Skills
- A thorough understanding of social marketing programs and/or marketing ROI models
- Advanced strategic thinking, technical/analytical and creative skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional capacity in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Analytical, data-informed decision-maker skills
- Excellent communication skills, who has the ability to simplify concepts
- Ability to work independently
- Strong customer service orientation
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Closing Date: May 28, 2021
No phone calls or agencies please.