Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our more than 1,000 firm members are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary and New York.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Learning Initiatives and Special Projects, the PD coordinator collaborates closely with PD learning specialists to organize and deliver a high-quality learning experience for our national core curriculum programs and events. Additionally, the coordinator provides administrative support for PD team tasks such as troubleshooting questions in the PD inbox, maintaining subscription rosters, coordinating program details via the learning management system or other databases and tracking CPD compliance.
While we have established processes, checklists, training and support to get you started, the key to success in this role is personal accountability and organization: You should enjoy working with data, and will need to have good attention to detail balanced with efficient routines and reminder systems to get things done. Additionally, the successful candidate will be able to quickly become the go-to expert with key educational technology tools (such as Osler’s LMS, project tools and webinar platforms and more), and will be able to build good working relationships within the team, as well as with our learning partners and our learners in the Firm.
As key contributor to learning event planning (once we return to the office) and our frequent learning seminars, the PD coordinator will have an opportunity to participate in many different programs and events. This role could be your stepping stone to an exciting career in learning and development in the legal industry or beyond.
This position requires a relevant undergraduate degree with 1-2 years of relevant experience. Experience in a large firm or professional services context would be an asset. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable. Experience in a professional services environment is an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail-oriented: able to work with data quickly and accurately and flag errors or inconsistencies
- Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-priority environment (excellent organization and time-management skills)
- Team-player who can manage the peak times and proactively assist team during down times; is prompt and reliable at all times
- Self-starter who is proactive, takes initiative and works independently with some supervision, but knows when to ask for help
- Excellent customer-service attitude; ability to solve job-level problems and build relationships
- Positive, professional disposition and flexibility to handle regular interruptions and unexpected changes to work flow
- Continuous improvement orientation –seeks constructive feedback and looks for opportunities to increase skills, efficiency and effectiveness
- Solid proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and good technical savvy to quickly develop strong proficiency in LMS, learning delivery, website editing, project management and database tools (once trained)
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Closing date: August 13, 2021.
No agencies or phone calls please.