Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
Are you a human resources professional looking to grow your career at a dynamic and engaging top tier law firm? Then look no further! Osler is currently recruiting for a Recruitment Coordinator to join our Legal Talent department.
The successful incumbent will play a fundamental role in guiding legal professionals through our entire hiring process under the direction and supervision of the Manager, Student Programs and Lateral Recruitment.
- Co-ordinating and managing associate and law student recruitment initiatives with a view to providing an efficient and high touch experience for every candidate from application stage to offer including: developing job ads; coordinating approvals; determining and implementing recruitment strategies; and driving the interview and offer process including reference checks and salary recommendations
- Proactively drive the recruiting process to completion by gathering information, following up with internal stakeholders, as well as search firms and candidates directly, offering assistance, and prompting decision making conversations
- Scheduling interviews; maintaining open communication with candidates and hiring teams throughout hiring process
- Administering and managing the intake of all unsolicited applications including reviewing resumes to identify the right candidates for roles, responding in a timely and courteous manner, and maintaining electronic records
- Supporting the annual summer law student recruitment drive in various capacities
- Drafting and finalizing offer letters including for presentation to candidates
- Scheduling orientation and preparing for the arrival of new hires including summer and articling students, first year associates and lateral associates
- Supporting employment branding initiatives including Osler.com and Instagram
- Coordinating new hire welcome packages and branded merchandise
- Mastering recruitment technology/software
- Identifying recruitment trends and providing recruitment reporting and analytics
- Preparing and maintaining checklists, protocols, and templates with an eagerness to identify opportunities for efficiency and process improvement
Education and Experience
This position requires a relevant undergraduate degree with at least two years of relevant experience. Experience in a large firm or professional services context and/or legal recruitment experience would be an asset. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable. Experience in a professional services environment is an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, and rigorous attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter who enjoys taking initiative with an ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to adapt easily to change and highly motivated to handle a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to develop lasting and productive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Closing date: October 1, 2021
No agencies or phone calls please.