Are you interested in working at one of Canada’s leading business law firms, alongside some of the best and brightest legal minds in the country, providing exceptional services to our clients?
Join Osler’s Securities group, as an intermediate Law Clerk, located in our Toronto office. You’ll be part of a team working with our legal professionals nationally to provide legal services to the Firm’s clients by handling securities regulatory filings, applications and registrations. The position will require extensive direct dealings with the Firm’s clients and legal professionals. Ideally, the candidate will have experience with registration-related matters, including international dealer and adviser exemptions and firm and individual registrations.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- overseeing and undertaking SEDAR filings, including prospectuses, other transaction-related documents and continuous disclosure documents, and liaising with securities regulatory authorities on a range of issues
- preparing, handling and filing insider and early warning reports on SEDI and SEDAR, respectively
- preparing and filing applications for exemptive relief
- preparing and filing exempt trade reports
- assisting clients with all aspects of the dealer, adviser and investment fund manager registration and exemption processes, including drafting required applications, notices and supporting documents for submission to IIROC and securities regulatory authorities, arranging for client review and execution, and seeing the registration process through to completion
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- college degree with a Law Clerk certificate or the completion of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Associate Level courses
- five or more years of relevant work experience in a large firm environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- strong knowledge Canadian securities laws, instruments, rules, forms and policies
- experience with the legal procedures and practices involved in preparing and filing a variety of legal documents in connection with transactions and to comply with ongoing compliance requirements
- experience with the dealer, adviser and investment fund manager registration and exemption processes
- strong attention to detail
- strong verbal and written communication skills and dedication to providing high quality client service
- superior time-management and organizational skills to efficiently multi-task and prioritize competing demands
- ability to respond to urgent client requests occasionally outside of normal business hours
- high technological proficiency including Word, Excel, and other relevant software and platforms such as SEDAR, SEDI, NRD and TSX SecureFile
How To Apply
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our legal professionals, management and staff have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
If you have the required background and an interest in taking your next step at Osler, please reply in confidence with a cover letter, résumé and transcripts directly to our online application portal below.
Applications submitted outside of our online application portal will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.