Do you have a passion for people? Do you want to grow your career at a top tier law firm working with a dynamic and fast-paced team? Then look no further! Osler is currently recruiting for a Senior Human Resources Generalist.
The Senior Human Resources Generalist will play an integral role in the Human Resources team. The successful candidate will be responsible for building trusted relationships with people leaders, delivering high quality client service and contributing expertise to various functional areas, with an emphasis on employee relations and talent acquisition.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Employee Relations & Performance Management
- Counsels and advises people leaders in the resolution of a variety of employee relations matters, including leading investigations as required. Works with internal employment counsel to ensure adherence with legislative requirements.
- Supports performance programs including the annual performance assessment process for assigned client groups.
- Supports off-boarding processes such as conducting exit interviews for Toronto staff and identifying trends and issues.
- Creates, modifies and communicates relevant HR policies and procedures as required. Monitors compliance with employment legislation. Implements improvements to department processes and procedures to improve effectiveness.
- Supports a variety of initiatives and programs.
- Proactively attracts and qualifies permanent, contract and future pipeline candidates.
- Manages all assigned talent acquisition initiatives, including:
- Developing customized search strategies.
- Sourcing and screening candidates.
- Leading all phases of the assessment process.
- Presenting recommendations to hiring managers.
- Preparing and presenting offers to candidates.
- Assisting with onboarding and orientation of new hires.
- Consults on talent acquisition activities, best practices, candidate sourcing and various recruitment strategies that support the goals and direction of the Firm.
- Support recruitment branding initiatives.
Education and Experience
The position requires a university degree in a related discipline (e.g., human resources, business administration, etc.,) with a minimum of five years of related experience in Human Resources. Experience in a professional services environment is considered an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough knowledge of HR legislation, practices and procedures (e.g., Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, AODA, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships including possessing a confidential and tactful manner.
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship-building and networking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and active listening skills.
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date: May 21, 2021.
No agencies or phone calls please.