We are currently recruiting for a Specialist, Client & Business Development to join our Calgary Office. Working under the direction and support of the Director, Client and Business Development, this position provides business development support to partners and associates in the Calgary office. The successful candidate will support the formulation and implementation of business development initiatives such as RFPs and other key client development initiatives and programs, including training, client seminars and events.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provides support in response to RFPs, credentials and other documentation requests from Calgary legal professionals and clients. Works collaboratively with the National Proposal Response Team to provide an innovative and effective response in a timely manner.
- Provide support to lawyers with regards to various business development initiatives and strategies. Examples may include international business development trips or other specific client outreach initiatives.
- Participate in the development of strategic business-development and marketing plans for actual clients or potential clients, including competitive analysis, key target analyses, and the identification of internal capabilities, promoting increased visibility, media relations coverage, networking and cross-selling.
- Organizes and keeps current all business-development materials related to the groups, practices, and offices to which he/she is assigned.
- Oversees Calgary media buys according to budget and oversees the adaptation of advertisements for a Western Canadian market.
- Perform key desktop publishing assignments on occasion.
- Coordinates the planning and execution of client seminars, major client events and other educational initiatives, including: organizing planning meetings, working collaboratively with internal Manager, Hospitality & Special Events and Coordinator, Client & Business Development, assisting with production of handouts and collateral materials, managing guest lists in CRM, and coordinating follow up activities.
- Acts as a key contact for Calgary with regard to the Firm’s CRM system. Provide support as required and assist the Toronto team with changes, training and other support.
- Assist with the development of business-development and other marketing-related training programs.
- Coordinates Calgary Sponsorship and Donation program, in collaboration with the Director, Client & Business Development.
- Serve as a member of the firm-wide client development team, executing firm wide initiatives as assigned. Coordinates submissions to relevant legal directories, third party rankings and awards.
- Performs other duties as assigned to achieve team goals.
- University degree in marketing and/or communications.
- 5 – 7 years’ related marketing or business development experience within a professional services firm . An equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to provide creative and collaborative solutions to support client and business development initiatives, prioritize objectives and be accountable for exemplary work product
- Team player who also works well independently.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Confident, proactive and highly organized individual with superb attention to detail and strong client service orientation.
- Project management and analytical skills with the ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize, and meet deadlines
- General knowledge of professional service firm operations with an understanding of different practices considered an asset.
- Flexibility with respect to hours of work (including ability to work overtime).
- Ability to keep up to date with market and competitive trends, challenges and goals related to our market.
- Knowledge of CRM technologies and integration points to marketing communications platforms
- Experience in event coordination, particularly substantive content driven events
- Ability to keep current with relevant technology and marketing media
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency with all MS Office applications (including MS Excel and PowerPoint)
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé to:
No agencies or phone calls please.