As one of Canada’s leading business law firms, Osler has built a unique culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources (Employee Relations & Talent Management), this position is responsible for all facets of the business professional recruitment process, and will actively attract and qualify permanent, contract and future pipeline candidates.
Please note that this is a contract opportunity ending August 2022. Compensation package includes benefits, paid vacation and sick days. Location: hybrid - partially in-office and partially remote.
Strategic Recruitment and Recruitment Campaigns
- Partner with hiring managers to understand current and future requirements
- Develop actionable sourcing strategies which enable success
- Screen internal and external candidate applications and provide recommendations and reports
- Manage relationships with agencies and educational institutions
- Coordinate, manage and conduct interviews with candidates
- Discuss recommendations with hiring managers and stakeholders
- Foster relationships and develop networks of high caliber professionals; identify and attend relevant networking events and career fairs
- Act as a brand ambassador, building and communicating the firm's employee value proposition
- Leverage internal talent sources to drive mobility, employee referrals and alumni engagement
- Identify, research, and implement pre-hire assessment tools
- Administer and own data within Applicant Tracking System
- Liaise with ATS vendor and assist with configuration, functionality, and implementation of upgrades
- Continually review and provide feedback for process improvement and efficiency gain
- Provide an exceptional experience for new hires from pre-start through initial months
- Develop and deliver orientation material incorporating best practices
Education and Experience
Post-secondary education and completion of courses towards a Human Resources certificate/designation with at least three years related HR experience, ideally within a corporate or professional services organization. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of talent acquisition and HR principles
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship-building and networking skills including a confidential and tactful manner
- Strong verbal and written communication and active listening skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization with an ownership mindset
- Knowledge of all relevant employment legislation including the Human Rights Code and Employment Standards Act
- Ability to develop procedures related to talent acquisition on-boarding
- Proficiency with MS Office; experience using an Applicant Tracking System an asset
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Closing date: October 8, 2021.
No agencies or phone calls please.