Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver, and New York.
Do you want to grow your career at a top tier law firm working with a dynamic and fast-paced team? Then look no further! Osler is currently recruiting for a Talent Acquisition Specialist.
As a key member of the Human Resources team, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will work closely with the Manager, Talent Management and will be responsible for business professional and legal support recruitment and will actively attract and qualify permanent, contract and future pipeline candidates. This role will also conduct exit interviews, assist with onboarding and support various Human Resources programs.
The successful candidate will be a critical thinker, collaborator who excels at building relationships and drives for results.
Strategic Recruitment and Recruitment Campaigns
- Partner with hiring managers to understand current and future requirements
- Develop actionable sourcing strategies which enable success
- Screen internal and external candidate applications and provide recommendations and reports
- Manage relationships with agencies and educational institutions
- Coordinate, manage and conduct interviews with candidates
- Discuss recommendations with hiring managers and stakeholders
- Foster relationships and develop networks of high caliber professionals; identify and attend relevant networking events and career fairs
- Act as a brand ambassador, building and communicating the firm's employee value proposition
- Leverage internal talent sources to drive mobility, employee referrals and alumni engagement
- Identify, research, and implement pre-hire assessment tools
- Administer and own data within Applicant Tracking System
- Utilize the ATS to actively track, manage and report on candidate pipelines to enhance stakeholder communication and ensure effective process management
- Liaise with ATS vendor and assist with configuration, functionality, and implementation of upgrades
- Review processes and provide feedback for continuous improvement and efficiency; apply best practices
- Provide an exceptional experience for new hires from pre-start through initial months at the firm
- Develop and deliver orientation material incorporating best practices
Program Support and Related Responsibilities
- Assists with Human Resources events, such as Take Your Kids to Work Day, Summer Student Program and other events
- Involved in research for the drafting/modification of Human Resources policies, procedures and forms. Supports any resulting implementation and communication activities as a result
- Support routine staff relations matters by listening, coaching, counselling and making recommendations to Manager, Talent Management
- Conducts and records exit interviews for Toronto staff, notifies manager of trends and issues
- Responds to inquiries from other offices and assists when required
- Other projects as assigned
Education and Experience
Post-secondary education and completion of courses towards a Human Resources certificate/designation with at least two years related HR experience, ideally, within a corporate or professional services organization. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of talent acquisition and HR principles
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship-building and networking skills including a confidential and tactful manner
- Strong verbal and written communication and active listening skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization with an ownership mindset
- Knowledge of all relevant employment legislation including the Human Rights Code and Employment Standards Act
- Ability to develop procedures related to talent acquisition and on-boarding
- Proficiency with MS Office; experience using an Applicant Tracking System an asset
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
We are currently working in a hybrid work arrangement, with a requirement to work partially in the office and an opportunity to work remote.
How To Apply
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.