Are you looking to be part of a dynamic, fast-paced and growing business? Are you curious by nature, a self-starter and technologically inclined? Do you have experience in corporate law and thrive on supporting corporate transactions?
Take your next step and join Osler Works – Transactional, located in our Ottawa or Toronto office, as a Transactions Clerk, EHG and be part of a team dedicated to using cutting edge technology and streamlined processes to transform the way we deliver entity management services for emerging and high growth companies.
This role will focus on a range of transactional matters for our Emerging and High Growth Companies practice group, including the review and remediation of minute books, incorporation and organizational matters, participating in and providing support for amalgamations, continuances, acquisitions, dispositions, financings, corporate restructuring and other transactional matters, effecting share transactions for financings such as share conversions, exchanges and redemptions and updating and maintaining our compliance and entity management software as well as assisting with the process and execution of the closing of transactions.
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- An undergraduate university degree and/or a college Law Clerk diploma with excellent academic credentials;
- Passion for innovation, the legal industry and start-up companies;
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a problem-solving mindset;
- Drive to take initiative and work independently but also thrive as part of a team;
- Energized by a fast-paced setting and able to prioritize multiple competing tasks;
- A high technology proficiency and are adaptable to change;
- Basic knowledge or an interest in learning about laws/legislation relevant to corporate practice such as Ontario Business Corporations Act, Canada Business Corporations Act, Business Names Act, Corporations Information Act and Limited Partnerships Act, related legal terminology, forms and documents an asset;
- French language capability an asset.
How To Apply
Consistently ranked as one of Canada’s leading business law firms by clients and leading independent reviews, Osler prides itself on attracting and developing the brightest talent in the legal arena. Within a firm culture that nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas, Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
If you’re ready to take your next step and join our growing team, please submit in confidence your cover letter, detailed résumé and academic transcripts directly to our online application portal below.
Applications submitted outside of our online application portal will not be reviewed.
No agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.