Responsible for developing and maintaining the Firms’ interactive and dynamic data solutions that are SharePoint based or custom developed web-based solutions. This developer position is the junior of three developer positions in the Firm’s Web Services department. It requires a good base of software and database development skills, some knowledge of the Microsoft SharePoint environment, and experience to assist in the build of the technical infrastructure components that support solutions. It also requires some experience in analytical problem solving and requirements gathering for the deployment of efficient technology solutions.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Plans, designs, develops, deploys, tests, maintains, updates and supports custom solutions which involves website architecture, dynamic programming, database development, server configuration, service and application administration, and application integration.
- Assist to support of packaged application integration into solutions, data conversion planning and testing, and a key contact for vendor technical support of applications belonging to or assigned to the web services portfolio.
- Analyze business requirements and communicate regularly with departments to effectively design and deploy technology and custom solutions to solve business problems.
- Provides 2nd level support to service desk and end users as required with respect to the department’s web and dynamic services (includes but not limited to intranet sites, extranet sites, internet sites, database, and dynamic/data driven applications).
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle and must be able to communicate project status, issues, and resolutions effectively.
- Abides by Firm policies including the policy on confidentiality
Education and Experience
University degree or college diploma in Computer or Engineering Sciences. 1 to 3 years relevant working experience in development, design, and distributed/web-based system implementations. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable
Knowledge and Skills
Some knowledge and development experience in:
- Designing and developing complex SharePoint and Office 365 solutions
- Familiar with React, Sass, and Responsive Web Design Concepts
- Familiar with development tools such as: SQL, C#, .NET, and PowerShell
- Familiar with the SharePoint Framework (SPFx) using jQuery, Node.js, Gulp, and TypeScript with Visual Studio Code
- Familiar with SQL Server 2014 or 2016 and SQL RDBMS Concepts
- Familiar with source control management systems, and deployment environments
- Familiarity with SharePoint considered an asset
- Willingness to develop custom solutions based on business and technical requirements
- Willingness to participate in our Agile development process
- Some experience with technical writing of application documentation
- Strong collaboration skills to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical platform issues
- Ability to work in a client-facing role
- Good teamwork and cross-group skills are essential
- Organizational skills to effectively prioritize tasks
- Troubleshooting skills to contend with technical difficulties, and analytical skills to assist in the resolution of complicated application integration challenges
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé.
No agencies or phone calls/emails please.