Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
The Writer/Editor, reporting to the Content Marketing Manager, will be responsible for developing, editing, and proofing of content to support Osler’s marketing & communication objectives. This position will work closely with the various practice groups to edit and develop content that promotes their expertise in both online and in print. Also responsible for writing general content for osler.com as well as other client focused materials.
- Managing new content postings on osler.com – work directly with partners to edit, publish, write social posts and distribute content updates to clients and internal stakeholders. Work within prescribed timelines.
- Editing and/or writing for both online and print (examples include emails, practice newsletters, brochures, fact sheets, expertise pages, other web content):
- working directly with practice groups or business development leads
- liaising with the translation department for French language content
- proofreading for accuracy and in accordance with Osler’s writing style guidelines
- maintaining records and files of work and revisions
- Ensuring proper tagging and cross-promotion of content on osler.com
- Posting content to osler.com using a content management system (CMS)
- Reviewing website content on regular basis to ensure content is up-to-date
- Understanding of good SEO tactics and keywords
Education and Experience
This position requires a university degree in Communications, Journalism or English, plus a minimum of three years’ related copy editing and content creation experience, preferably in a professional services firm, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to manage a high volume of work and effectively prioritize and keep stakeholders informed
- High-quality, professional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Previous law firm or professional services firm experience is an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office and knowledge of content management systems (CMS)
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on accuracy of work
- Project management skills with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Some flexibility with work hours is required (including ability to work overtime)
How To Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all phases of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
Closing Date: May 28, 2021
No phone calls or agencies please.