Matias Milet, Partner, Taxation Group, is presenting at a conference, Critical Issues in Corporate Taxation, to be held in Toronto (360 Bay Street) on February 26, 2013. The conference, by INFONEX Inc. deals with the increasingly complex corporate tax environment in Canada.
Matias will speak about Important Court Cases from 2012 and Their Impact, and address specifically:
- Transalta Corporation: non-traditional elements of goodwill - reasonableness of allocation of sale price
- Envision Credit Union: qualifying vs. non-qualifying amalgamations - survival of tax attributes
- Triad Gestco Ltd.: value-shifting, loss-generating transactions - GAAR
- FLSmidth Ltd.: tower structure and foreign tax credits
- Velcro Canada Inc.: back-to-back payments - beneficial ownership and tax treaties