Osler Partner Andrew Wong is speaking at the Contract Performance Management Conference on the topic of Contract Risk Management: How to Protect Yourself.
Andrew Wong co-hosts this session with Jennifer Tuer, Senior Legal Counsel at Bruce Power LP.
The session will discuss:
- Leading causes of contract litigation and how to avoid them
- How to account for multiple risk, regulatory and compliance issues in a contract
- Strategic approach to minimizing cost and risk to the organization
- Be proactive, not reactive: Proven tactics for asking questions pre-contract to keep minor problems from escalating to the point of litigation
- Apportion resources for project appropriately based on risk appetite, risk analysis and desired end result
- Protect yourself from insolvency risks and know your rights in cases of insolvency
- Consider unique risks that exist in small contracts and may wreak havoc on a project