The Monthly Privacy Call is a telephone conference led by our experienced team of professionals. We offer insights into emerging issues and notable developments in the privacy and information management space. The call provides privacy professionals with a unique opportunity to stay current in the rapidly evolving field of privacy and information management.
During the Monthly Privacy Calls, we will continue to keep you up to date on:
- The status of Canada's new anti-spam legislation, and related compliance challenges
- The status of the PIPEDA Amendments
- Security breach notification requirements and best practices
- New Canadian privacy decisions and regulatory findings of note
- The Protecting Canadians from Online Crime Act
The agenda for the January Monthly Call will include, among other things:
- The Looming CASL Class Action Risk: Reflections on the scope and potential impact of the private right of action.
- Canadian privacy regulatory authority releases and guidance, and case law developments.
If you are interested in receiving reminders about our Monthly Privacy Calls, please subscribe here.
PLEASE NOTE: Attendance at the Monthly Privacy Calls does not create a solicitor-client relationship with Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP. The topics covered are for general information purposes only. They are not intended as legal advice. Attendees are encouraged to seek their own legal advice when determining their privacy and information management compliance requirements.
Register for January's Monthly Privacy Call
PLEASE NOTE that even though you may be receiving reminders about our Monthly Privacy Calls, if you wish to attend, you must register for this call (and each future call). As always, the calls are free of charge. You can register for the January Monthly Privacy Call using the link above until midnight the day before the scheduled call. After that time, please email us to request dial-in details.