Join us on Tuesday February 28th and participate in a rare roundtable discussion moderated by Lawrence Ritchie the chair of Osler’s Risk Management & Crisis Response group, and featuring:
- Ann Koenig, Officer in Charge of GTA Financial Crime Toronto IME Team, Inspector
- Jeff Kehoe, Director of Enforcement, Ontario Securities Commission
- Stephan Luciw, Assistant Deputy Commissioner, Ontario Region, Canadian Competition Bureau
- Linda Chatman Thomsen, Partner at Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP, Former Director of Enforcement SEC
- Phillip Warren, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP, Formerly with U.S. Justice Department's Antitrust Division
Topics explored will include:
- When and how enforcement officials expect businesses to voluntarily report matters;
- The relationship among self-generated internal investigations, and those pursued by regulators and the police;
- Where whistleblowing fits in the enforcement context; and
- Whether and how tools such as no contest settlements, deferred prosecution agreements and immunity/leniency programs effectively advance interests engaged.
Join us for cocktails & hors d'oeuvres to follow!
This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Ontario: Total CPD = 1.5 hours (30 mins. Professionalism and up to 1 hr. Substantive)