Chemtrade’s unsolicited offer for Canexus was the first hostile bid for a TSX-listed issuer under the new takeover bid regime. While a friendly deal was ultimately reached, the transaction had a number of interesting features, including public bear hug letters, shareholder pressure on the Canexus board and a requisitioned meeting by one of Canexus' largest shareholders.
Join us at the Osler Conference Centre on Wednesday April 26th for a candid discussion where members from both teams will discuss;
- The “why”, “when”, & “how” of the transaction;
- Key events that motivated the deal; and
- How the new regime impacted the decisions.
- Arthur Korpach, Director, Canexus
- Mark Davis, President and Chief Executive Officer, Chemtrade
- Jeremy Fraiberg, Partner, Osler
- Keith Chatwin, Partner, Stikeman Elliott
- Amy Freedman, Chief Executive Officer, Kingsdale Advisors