Sometimes Canadian organizations need to make hard decisions. And directors and officers (D&Os) can face potential personal liability for decisions made on behalf of the organization. But organizations can and should protect D&Os through indemnities and insurance. Join us for primer (or a refresher) on D&O indemnification and insurance. Our expert panel will address:
- Why you need them;
- How insurance and indemnification should be structured;
- What you should expect from management and your insurer;
- Pitfalls, perils and limits in protection;
- Best practices; and
- Current issues in coverage.
You will learn the jargon and gain the tools you need to assess the adequacy of the measures taken by your organization to protect its directors and officers.
- Donald Ross, Senior of Counsel, Covington & Burling LLP
- Alexandra Kindbom, Canada Head FINEX Financial Institutions, Willis Towers Watson
- Jacqueline Code, Partner, Osler
- Andrew MacDougall, Partner, Osler
11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - Registration, networking & lunch
12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. - Seminar