Canada is embarking on a journey to build a world-class payment system that is fast, flexible and secure, with anticipated benefits for the Canadian economy, businesses and households. This complex, multi-year project will have legal, business, technology, and operational implications for all payments ecosystem participants. What do these changes mean for your organization?
Please join Osler and leading industry experts, including experts from Payments Canada and the TMX, as we consider the impact of payments modernization and the opportunities and risks this will present for the Canadian financial services industry.
During this half-day session we will discuss:
- Payments Canada’s modernization plan
- Lessons learned from payment system modernization in other jurisdictions
- Preparing for the new rules framework
- Key ethical, privacy and other legal issues relating to data-rich payments
- Payments and distributed ledger technology: Update on Project Jasper
- Understanding the importance of ISO 20022
- Key legal, operational and technology challenges for participants in the payments ecosystem
Mark Armstrong, Partner, Sionic Advisors
Tracey Black, Executive Director, Modernization, Payments Canada
Brian Gelfand, Chief Commercial Officer CDS | CDCC at TMX Group
Wendy Gross, Partner, Osler
Christine Hunter, Vice President, Payments, TD
Adam Kardash, Partner, Osler
Todd Roberts, Partner, Deloitte
Jeff Shinder, NY Managing Partner, Constantine Cannon
This session will be of interest to senior managers and executives in legal, compliance, business, technology and sourcing who have payments-related roles within their organizations.