As the legal and commercial implications of coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to evolve, Osler's lawyers offer an assessment of some of the complex considerations that companies in Canada, and, in particular, Calgary, should consider. This webinar provides practical insight on best practices for companies to respond to the novel business climate arising from the coronavirus.
Osler takes the health and wellbeing of our clients seriously regarding growing concerns over the spread of COVID-19. We want to make sure that you have the opportunity to obtain this valuable content and have provided a link to view the webinar on-demand at your leisure, along with a link to download the presentation materials.
The following interrelated issues will be addressed:
- Employment: The lastest and up to date tips for managing your workforce, protecting your business, and learning how other employers are handling the situation.
- Governance: Board of directors and board committees should be ensuring that management has response plans in place and is monitoring and updating them.
- Securities Disclosure Practices: Risk factor disclosure in annual information form and MD&A; updating outlook.
- Virtual Shareholder Meetings: Who can hold them and how?
- Contracts: Implications for commercial contracts (including force majeure) and practical recommendations to assess and mitigate contractual risk.