Osler’s Construction & Infrastructure team has developed an insightful webinar, which provides practical answers to difficult questions resulting from Ontario Premier Doug Ford’s April 3 announcement to shutter certain construction sites. Questions addressed include:
- How does the order apply to my construction project?
- If my construction project is a non-essential workplace, what should I do at the site?
- The site is closed down – what happens at the site now?
- What do I tell my employees who have been working on these projects?
- The work is delayed because of the order – what happens to the contract time and contract price?
- What are some of the ways that I can proactively manage current or future disputes in light of the closure of my construction project?
For responses to questions raised during the webinar, read “FAQ: COVID-19 - the Ontario Government has closed down most construction sites what happens now?”