After a decade of continuous premium deterioration, sparked by fierce market competition and ample capacity, the insurance market as a whole has taken a hard turn. For the last 12-15 months, insurance premiums have increased substantially across most lines of coverage. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and corresponding insurance losses are worsening market conditions even further. At present, the D&O Liability market is seeing dramatic changes in underwriting appetite, cost and capacity, making for a very unpredictable renewal outcome.
Given these uncertain times, please join us for a panel discussion on the state of the D&O Liability insurance market and how it may impact the mining industry. We will examine claims trends, current market conditions and potential coverage alterations specific to the mining sector. We will further review legal strategies as a backstop to an unstable market which may no longer afford the same breadth of coverage it did only 12 months ago, potentially exposing Directors and Officers. Lastly, we will hear from leading insurers in the mining space on how they see the current market, the implications for underwriting, and how miners can differentiate themselves for a the best possible renewal outcome.
- Katrin Hayduk, Senior Vice President, Mining Leader, Canada, Willis Towers Watson
- Scott Saddington, Executive Vice President, Financial Lines and Mergers & Acquisitions, Willis Towers Watson
- Jacqueline Code, Partner and Research Chair, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Michael Densham, Senior Vice President, Executive and Professional Lines, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
- Tyler Johnston, Senior Vice President, Head of FinPro & Casualty, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
- Dane Hambrook, Vice President, Financial Lines Group | Specialty Products, Zurich Canada