The impact of COVID-19 is reverberating across global economies with fallout continuing daily. Osler’s Pensions and Benefits Group has developed an insightful webinar, moderated by partner Jana Steele, that addresses some of the key issues facing pension plan sponsors and administrators in these challenging circumstances, including in respect of:
- Communications with members
- Impact on investment strategy
- Actuarial valuations and funding issues
- Plan design changes and associated fiduciary obligations
- Impact on third party contracts
- Regulatory obligations and relief
At the end of the webinar, partner Julien Ranger discusses various options the governments could consider for relief to plan sponsors and administrators.