The diversity of boards and executive teams in corporate Canada is a key focus of regulators, institutional investors and the media alike. Over the past year, this diversity discussion has continued to show slow growth in the advancement of women in leadership positions, accompanied by an expanded focus into other facets of diversity.
Osler’s sixth annual comprehensive report, 2020 Diversity Disclosure Practices: Diversity and leadership at Canadian public companies [PDF], now covers disclosure by TSX-listed companies and CBCA corporations subject to disclosure requirements.
Report findings provide insight into the following areas:
- breakdown and percentages of women on boards for full-year 2019
- breakdown and percentages of women executive officers for full-year 2019
- diversity policies and targets for full-year 2019
- 2020 mid-year results regarding the number and percentage of women directors and women in executive officer positions
- 2020 results for CBCA corporations regarding gender and other diversity characteristics including Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and persons with disabilities
- examples of best practices for improving gender diversity among boards and executive teams
DOWNLOAD PDF: 2020 Diversity Disclosure Practices