Mar 5, 2021
Fostering diversity and inclusion is a key priority for our firm, reflected in how we support our clients and the communities we serve, and in the importance we place on continuing to build an inclusive workplace. Diversity at Osler: 2020 Year in Review [PDF] outlines our work to support diversity and inclusion over the past year and our dedication to move the dial and expand our efforts on this front.
The report discusses numerous developments and initiatives that we developed and participated in throughout 2020, including the following, which will continue to build on:
- launching a firm-wide program that focuses on how to uncover unconscious bias in our hiring practices and in the ways we engage with each other in the workplace
- continuing to make meaningful changes to keep our women professionals engaged throughout their career so they not only stay, they thrive
- committing to the BlackNorth Initiative and actively supporting local organizations that are dedicated to improving the health, education and welfare of members of the Black community
- the creation of two new Legal Professional Resource Groups — the Osler Black Lawyers’ Network and the Osler South Asian Network — which will contribute to a more meaningful dialogue and outcomes for advancement
- implementing our fifth demographic survey conducted by a third party to ask more incisive questions about the learned experiences among the members of the firm
We look forward to continuing to work with our members, clients and communities to create even more meaningful change and develop new initiatives that will have a lasting impact in the years to come. Please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page to learn more.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Diversity at Osler: 2020 Year in Review