Jan 28, 2022
Fostering diversity and inclusion is a key priority for our firm. This is reflected in our commitment to building an inclusive workplace where talented people of all backgrounds can thrive, as well as the importance we place on supporting our clients, and the communities in which we live and from which we draw our talent. Diversity at Osler: 2021 Year in Review [PDF] outlines our work to support diversity and inclusion over the past year, as well as our commitment to expand our efforts and contribute to substantial, lasting progress on this front.
The report discusses several programs and initiatives that we developed and participated in throughout 2021, including the following, which will continue to build on:
- establishing our Advancement of Women Lawyers program, including mentoring, coaching and training, to focus on strategies that enable Osler to retain and promote women lawyers
- the founding of the firm’s Calgary Diversity Committee, which is engaging in several important initiatives within the local community and the profession
- investing in scholarships and sponsorships at several Canadian educational institutions to help ensure that our profession’s future leaders have the support they need to succeed
- committing to Black Future Lawyers and the Avenue internship program, which support and invest in Canada’s next generation of Black lawyers
- continuing to evaluate our recruitment and hiring practices to eliminate unconscious bias
We look forward to continuing to work with our members, clients and communities to create even more meaningful change and develop new initiatives that will have a lasting impact in the years to come.
DOWNLOAD PDF: Diversity at Osler: 2021 Year in Review