Osler’s Legal Year in Review provides insights on the most significant legal developments of 2014 and their implications for Canadian business in 2015 and beyond.
The Review covers a wide range of topics – from board diversity and corporate governance, to securities regulation, privacy law and foreign corruption. Highlights include:
- Activist investor/strategic acquiror combinations such as the Pershing Square-Valeant joint bid arrangements
- Cybersecurity and data management in the age of CASL
- Continued setbacks in prosecuting insider trading
- Increased proxy contest litigation due to shareholder activism
- The Supreme Court’s definitive ruling on aboriginal title
DOWNLOAD PDF: Legal Year in Review