Mar 21, 2017
Emerging companies face a range of privacy and anti-spam issues that can arise at various stages of the business life cycle. Issues can come up during the due diligence and financing phase or even at a later stage when the company is being bought and it may be too late to address the risks.
In this presentation, available in both webinar and PowerPoint format, John Salloum, a partner in Osler’s Privacy and Data Management Group, provides you with information you can use to help identify and address privacy and anti-spam issues and associated risks as they occur. Topics covered include the following:
- drivers behind privacy compliance
- sources of privacy obligations (including privacy legislation, common law and privacy regulatory authorities)
- definition of personal information
- addressing privacy in the online/mobile context
- social media
- online behavioural advertising and guidelines of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Canada's anti-spam legislation (CASL)
For more information, contact John Salloum, Partner, Privacy and Data Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.862.6492.
This presentation is part of Osler’s Emerging and High Growth Companies 101 series, designed to help emerging ventures navigate through the various issues and legal requirements they will encounter throughout their growth cycle.