May 4, 2021
From fiscal stimulus initiatives in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to evolving policies in Canada and south of the border, the economic landscape continues to shift as businesses and governments work to navigate the major impacts of a wide range of unprecedented world events.
In this special webinar, Osler Special Advisor and former Governor of the Bank of Canada Stephen Poloz engages in conversation with Osler National Co-Chair Dale Ponder to provide a timely and insightful economic update – the third in an ongoing series.
Topics covered over the course of this informative discussion include
- the release on April 19, 2021 of the first federal budget in two years
- the global impact of the $1.9-trillion fiscal support package announced in the U.S.
- the current state of inflation in Canada
- the effects of deglobalization of supply chains
- possible tax policy changes in both Canada and the U.S.
Stephen’s singular ability to translate complex and dynamic economic and market information into a business context is invaluable for anyone making business-critical decisions during these challenging times.
Watch the Webinar on Demand