Feb 26, 2021
In mid-February, bitcoin reached an all-time high price, soaring past US$43,000, and Tesla announced it has invested $1.5 billion in the cryptocurrency. In addition, many institutional investors are looking at this asset class for the first time. This panel discussion on digital asset investing for institutional investors will help you understand the digital asset investment universe, various investment structures available, key risks and how to manage them.
Moderated by Lori Stein, a partner in Osler’s Corporate Group, the discussion is of interest to legal teams and investment teams and looks at the following:
- global trends in digital asset investing
- asset allocation: where do digital assets fit into an institutional portfolio?
- digital asset custody: online hacks, cold storage and the next frontier
- investment structure: comparison of fund versus direct holdings
- digital asset trading: how the blockchain works
- anti-money laundering risks: how can they be managed?
- Robbie Kidd, President, 3iQ
- Brian Mosoff, Chief Executive Officer, Ether Capital
- Wei Xie, Director, Capital Markets, OPTrust
- Brian Keogh, Principal, Business Development Gemini Trust Company, LLC
- Amber Scott, Founder, Outlier Solutions (AML)
Watch the webinar on demand