Sep 19, 2023
As the Bank of Canada seeks to tame inflation while achieving a soft landing for the economy, corporations and consumers alike continue to navigate uncertainty and rising prices.
In their quarterly webinar, Osler Special Advisor and former Governor of the Bank of Canada Stephen Poloz and Osler National Co-Chair Maureen Killoran, KC, reviewed these and other economic trends and stories.
Topics discussed during their conversation include
- the effect of higher interest rates on various sectors of the economy, especially housing
- the fundamental factors behind gradually lowering inflation
- inflationary pressures beyond the purview of central banks
- the economic potential of the fourth industrial revolution and AI technologies
- how immigration can replenish and grow Canada’s aging workforce demographic
Stephen’s unique experience and keen insights on complex economic and market forces make this essential viewing for business professionals and investors.
Watch the full webinar