*Notable matters prior to joining Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
* Representing a Canadian insurance company in connection with numerous acquisitions and dispositions across various real estate asset classes, with transactional values in excess of $1 billion in the aggregate, including:
* The acquisition of a joint venture interest and corresponding joint venture structuring of a 475,000-square-foot technology focussed office development while under construction along Toronto's eastern waterfront;
* The acquisition of a joint venture interest and corresponding joint venture structuring of an interconnected historic and modern office development in Toronto’s financial core, with a university and co-working space operator as the key anchor tenants;
* The acquisition of a joint venture interest and corresponding joint venture structuring of a former factory complex registered as a landmark heritage property in Toronto’s Parkdale neighborhood that was converted to a modern office development and amenity space; and
* The disposition of various office and shopping centre complexes in the Greater Toronto Area, Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton markets.
* Representing one of world’s top 10 largest real estate companies in connection with numerous and varied Canadian real estate mandates, including advising on the following:
* Various development agreements concerning the construction/integration of the new extension of Ottawa’s light rail transit system with its terminus at a key shopping centre development;
* Acquisition of a large development site in Ajax, Ontario and associated development advice;
* Anchor-tenant leasing, construction, litigation and title/regulatory matters in connection with the repositioning/redevelopment of one of the most prestigious office complexes in Montreal, Quebec; and
* Advising on numerous leases in connection with the lease-up of new “Outlet” shopping centres developments in BC, Alberta, Ontario and Manitoba.
* Acting as Canadian counsel for two global hotel chains in connection with the sale of their Canadian real estate holdings and retained hotel management contracts, including on the sale of a Toronto landmark hotel in Toronto’s downtown core.
* Representing the joint venture of a prominent Canadian development group and private wealth manager in connection with the acquisition, financing and development of a 13-acre environmentally sensitive site (former heavy industrial use) in Mississauga, Ontario upon which a state of the art 275,000 square foot redevelopment for a Class “A” light-industrial facility was constructed.
* Representing a foreign-based investment group and their affiliated funds in connection with the acquisition of large office and industrial complexes in suburban Toronto and a downtown Toronto office tower.
* Representing an Oshawa based builder and developer, in its sale of a 900 unit multi-family development that was recognised as one of the largest multi-family property transactions in Canada in 2019.
* Representing a Toronto-based upscale grocery chain in connection with their acquisition of joint venture interests in premiere regional shopping centres across Ontario and associated joint venture agreements and anchor leases.
* Representing a publically traded US technology company in connection with a design-build lease and associated construction contracts for a 425,000 square foot, 3- building complex comprising their new Canadian research and development headquarters.
* Representing an upscale fitness chain in respect of their continuing Canadian expansion involving long-term ground leases and associated construction of 70,000 square foot buildings.
- MOSCOT in the opening of its first Canadian location