(Ce profil n'est pas disponible en français. Nous sommes désolés des inconvénients que cela pourrait vous occasionner.)
Kevin leads the firm’s Practice Management team responsible for moving strategic initiatives forward in areas of practice and project management, legal project management, process improvement and alternative fee arrangements to help manage legal costs for our clients. He directs a team of five project management and pricing professionals to assist lawyers and clients in these areas.
A motivated and energetic business leader with expertise in accounting, legal project management and information technology, Kevin helps the firm with strengthening its client relationships through efficient execution of legal matters. Providing concise and influential analysis, Kevin works with practice group leaders to develop and support sound business strategies while leveraging efficient technologies and processes.
- Provided strategy on managing multi-year budgets for a portfolio of litigation matters for a large tobacco client.
- Led several administrative projects to improve internal processes that support legal project management, including reducing time capture from seven business days to two business days.
- Implemented Osler’s first legal project estimate template to assist lawyers in planning their matter team, timeline and project costs.
- Involved in the preparation and tracking of numerous and complex matter budgets.
- Managed a multi-year software development project to replace a pension management system at a large public services pension fund involving over 100 contractors.
- Provided risk management advice on the transfer of the social housing portfolio from the provincial government to municipal governments.
- Managed a quality assurance team on a large e-services portal for the Ontario government.
- Managed the development of a royalty payment system for the television broadcasting industry.
- Developed profitability methodology allowing lawyers to effectively price their matters and provide cost containment and certainty on legal matters for their clients.
- Strategic advisor on numerous rate strategies and alternate fee arrangements to match Osler’s legal pricing with our clients’ needs.
- Strategic advisor on the consistent implementation of phase/task and tracking codes across the firm to help clients and legal teams understand the legal costs of a matter while making this information available to apply Lean/Six Sigma process improvements.
- Consulted and made recommendations to reduce by more than 50% the opening process for over 5,000 intellectual property matters.
Professional Community Activities
- Original member, Toronto Legal Project Management Peer Group.
- Speaker at the Legal Marketing Association’s (LMA) P3 Conference on the topic of “Profitability and Compensation”.
- Speaker at numerous internal conferences and events on legal project management, process improvement and practice management
- Regular LinkedIn contributor for industry articles related to legal project management.
- Team captain for over 15 years, Terry Fox Run.