Osler’s pension litigation experience is extensive, particularly on the plan sponsor and administrator side. Our litigators have been involved in many of the leading pension cases before the courts and tribunals across the country. Our representation of sponsors of multi-jurisdictional plans has led to appearances in major pension litigation in Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Alberta and British Columbia and frequent interaction with regulators in all of the other provinces.
We have successfully combined the skills of solicitors in our Pension & Benefits Department with those of our litigators who specialize in pension cases and class actions to provide clients with unparalleled expertise in this area.
Ask Osler’s pension and benefits litigators about:
- Member /retiree class actions;
- Funding disputes;
- Validity of plan amendments;
- Fiduciary duties of plan administrators;
- Obligations under pensions legislation;
- Plan wind-up;
- Life/medical post-retirement benefits;
- Plan/statutory interpretations issues;
- Insolvency and restructuring;
- Liability of actuaries;
- Investment issues;
- Family property and valuation issues;
- Surplus entitlement;
- Contribution holidays.