Jul 25, 2023
Osler is a leading independent Canadian law firm focused on serving industry and business leaders in all market segments and across numerous sectors. We are known for the breadth and depth of our practice in business and tax law and for providing strategic, business-critical advice in transformational transactions and disputes for some of the world’s largest enterprises.
Working with you
We understand the importance of working with the right law firm partner in foreign jurisdictions.
Osler is sought out by foreign law firm partners for our ability to solve problems and remove obstacles for companies presently doing business in Canada or seeking to enter the Canadian market. We have a long history of collaborating with counsel in other jurisdictions who require experienced local counsel to guide and advise their clients and provide the answers you need, when you need them.
As leaders in innovative matter management and alternative fee arrangements, Osler brings to every matter on which we are engaged a focus on delivering overall value for money and cost predictability.
Osler is consistently ranked as one of Canada’s top law firms. Below are just a few examples of how our firm is being recognized in the Canadian market.
- Named Canada’s Corporate Law Firm of the Year 2023 IFLR1000 Americas Awards
- Refinitiv: #1 law firm for Canadian completed deals by value and volume FY 2022
- Bloomberg: #1 Canadian law firm for Global announced deals by value FY 2022
- #1 Canadian law firm in the M&A league tables by deal value for the full year in each of 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016
- #1 firm as legal counsel to the issuers for combined equity and debt offerings by value FY 2022, FY 2021, FY 2020
- Legal advisor on 301 venture capital deals in 2022 raising more than C$5.48 billion
- 18 Band 1 practice rankings and 123 lawyers in areas including M&A, Capital Markets, Taxation, Energy, Litigation, Restructuring and Investment Funds, among others (Chambers Canada)
- 29 litigators recognized as leaders in Canada in 2022, including 25 ‘Litigation Stars,’ three ‘40 & Under Hot List’ and four ‘Future Stars’ (Benchmark Canada)
- Tier 1 practice ranking and 18 lawyers ranked in Tax, Tax Controversy, Transfer Pricing and Transactional Tax and named “Canada Tax Disputes Firm of the Year” in 2022 (International Tax Review)
- One of the top 30 restructuring practices worldwide for the 4th consecutive year (Global Restructuring Review)