Osler’s Construction Group provides advice on all types of commercial, industrial and institutional construction projects, infrastructure developments, public-private partnerships, alternative financing and procurement, energy, health, transportation and other projects.
Clients come to Osler for construction advice for the following reasons:
- Technical and Commercial Knowledge. Many of our lawyers hold both law and engineering degrees and have hands-on project experience, which means that clients receive technical excellence and commercial know-how on their most important matters.
- Understanding Project Risk. We achieve the results our clients expect on their projects by understanding the risks and providing practical advice and representation.
- Litigation and Mediation Expertise. Our construction litigators provide litigation, mediation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution advice on the construction process. We have appeared at all levels of the courts and understand how to quickly and effectively navigate the system to get a project back on track and achieve the results our clients want.
- National and U.S. Expertise. Osler can tailor services to the specific needs of our clients by drawing on a full range of project development and litigation services in our Toronto, Montréal, Calgary, Ottawa and New York offices.
Ask our construction lawyers about:
- Front-end structuring and contracting
- Procurement and tendering
- Project structuring and development
- Operations and maintenance issues
- Commercial and industrial projects
- Risk allocation and management
- Performance guarantees and bonds
- Litigation, arbitration, mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- Public-private partnerships and alternative financing and procurement
Osler is ranked in the top category of the Construction Law section in the 2011 edition of TheCanadian Legal Lexpert Directory. Our construction professionals include numerous lawyers who are prominently featured in the 2011 editions of TheCanadian Legal Lexpert Directory, The Best Lawyers in Canada and the Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada. Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2012 says that Osler “is viewed as a strong contender.”