Please join lawyers in Osler’s Tax Law Group for an update on recent developments in tax legislation and case law. Speakers include: Monica Biringer, Amanda Heale, Andrew Kingissepp, Al Meghji, Matias Milet and Jack Silverson.
- the recent decisions in TDL Group and ENMAX;
- draft amendments to the back-to-back loan provisions in the thin capital rules; and
- the proposal to extend the application of the thin capital rules to corporations in which pension plans have a significant interest.
- the recent decision in Univar relating to subsection 212.1 of the ITA;
- the proposed amendments to subsection 212.1 of the ITA; and
- the impact of the Common Reporting Standard rules.
- proposed amendments to subsection 152(9) of the ITA which provide the CRA with greater latitude to raise additional arguments; and
- a discussion of recent and upcoming cases.
Networking reception to follow.
If you are interested in attending this event in person in our Toronto office please contact Lindsay Taylor email@example.com (416) 646-3297
For those attending in Toronto, there will be a short reception following the presentation.
Please click here to register for the complimentary webinar.