Join us on November 21, 2017 for a cross-country update on recent and proposed land use planning and development legislation affecting the commercial real estate sector, and hear from industry development and planning experts on the opportunities and challenges presented by the legislative changes.
The event will feature two panel discussions.
Panel 1 – Cross-country Update on the Increasing Power of Municipalities
Key market updates on the implications of recent changes to and proposed amendments of land use planning and development legislation affecting the commercial real estate sector, including:
- Bill 139, the Ontario government’s proposed overhaul of the Ontario Municipal Board;
- Bill n°122, An Act mainly to recognize that municipalities are local governments and to increase their autonomy and powers, recently passed in the Province of Quebec that will result in significant changes to the development landscape across Quebec and in Montreal in particular; and
- The Alberta government’s proposed amendments to the Municipal Government Act.
- Michael Bowman, Partner, Osler
- Sebastien Savage, Partner, Osler
- Nelson Medeiros RPP, MCIP, Associate, Osler
Panel 2 – Industry Perspectives
Hear from planning and development experts from across the industry on the challenges and opportunities presented by the various land use and development legislative changes.
- Don Manlapaz, Vice President, Development – Forgestone Capital Management LP
- Tony Medeiros, Vice President, Development – Dream Unlimited
- Cory Estrela, Director, Corporate Legal – Oxford Properties Group
Moderator: George Valentini, Counsel, Osler
11:45 a.m. - 12:10 p.m. - Networking & Lunch
12:10 p.m. - 12:15 p.m. - Introduction and Welcome
12:15 p.m. - 12:55 pm - Panel 1 – Cross-country Update on the Increasing Power of Municipalities
12:55 p.m. - 1:25 p.m. - Panel 2 – Industry Perspectives
1:25 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. - Q&A