Wherever appropriate, we encourage the use of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) to avoid the reputational risks, delays and costs that can be associated with some litigation. Osler is a recognized leader in ADR. Our arbitration practice is designed to help our clients leverage arbitration and ADR effectively while managing financial, reputational, and business risks as privately and efficiently as possible. Our litigators do not “dabble” in arbitration matters; members of Osler’s International Commercial Arbitration and ADR Group have expertise in a range of ADR techniques and can advise on which process will best achieve your company’s goals for resolving disputes.
Our practice includes:
Specific arbitration experience
We regularly represent clients in mediation, arbitration, private adjudication and appeals, and novel forms of ADR that hold unique procedural challenges including ad hoc arbitrations.
We have represented clients across all major arbitration regimes and tribunals.
- International Chamber of Commerce
- The first two investment disputes under Canada's bilateral investment treaties
- The London Court of International Arbitration
- NAFTA dispute resolution panels
- The Federal Court of Canada
- International arbitration agencies
- Canadian arbitration agencies
- Ad hoc arbitration
- The U.S. Department of Commerce
- Indian Ministry of Commerce
- China's Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM)
- The Canada Border Services Agency
- The Canadian International Trade Tribunal