To stay relevant in a rapidly changing market, many franchise systems are emerging as some of the most prominent adopters of technology. During this session, expert faculty will unravel the different types of technology being used by franchise systems, including the use of technology in supply chains and distribution, the use of third party delivery providers and the use of third party delivery aggregators. Speakers will share helpful advice on key considerations in adopting such technology into the franchise system, such as:
- The franchisor’s ability to introduce such technologies into the franchise system, including key provisions to include in the franchise agreement and considerations of system change and good faith.
- Negotiating agreements with third party delivery providers and aggregators and considerations related to such negotiations, including encroachment, system change and good faith.
- The allocation of risk and liability between franchisors, franchisees, and service providers.
Leveraging technology – and integrating different technologies – has been and will continue to be a critical component of a franchise system’s ability to stay competitive. Do not miss this unique opportunity to gain valuable insight into this emerging field and ensure you are equipped with the knowledge to add value to your client’s business, whether you represent franchisees or franchisors.
- Christine Jackson, Osler Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Clark Harrop, Dale & Lessmann LLP
- Hashim Ghazi, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP