Canadian, U.S. and international businesses and law firms come to Osler’s Competition/Antitrust and Foreign Investment Group with their most challenging problems and business critical transactions – and Osler answers with our blend of outstanding expertise, exceptional and efficient service, and seamless support to clients of all sizes and in all industries.
Our lawyers are a seasoned group of “specialists” – we don’t dabble. This deep specialization allows us to identify issues, be exceptionally responsive and provide outstanding service in an area that is often highly complex and critical to the success of key business decisions.
- As the pre-eminent mergers and acquisitions firm in Canada, our competition/antitrust lawyers cut their teeth on transactions. Our ability to rapidly and effectively navigate regulatory processes, and game-changing amendments to the Canadian competition environment, is unsurpassed in the Canadian market.
- Having been involved in virtually every Canadian and cross-border competition-related class action, Osler offers strategic insights and counsel to clients facing or managing competition litigation.
- Osler's team has achieved positive results for our clients faced with investigations or potential prosecutions by drawing on our substantial experience in advocating and negotiating effectively with investigators and prosecutors. Our clients value this expertise and insight.
- We are leaders in implementing best practices in project management and process improvement. This is critical as the Competition Bureau has been building its litigation capability, has significantly increased its use of formal powers to require burdensome document production in merger matters and to obtain court orders for production in civil investigations and has increased enforcement action leading to litigation before the Competition Tribunal and courts.
Our team’s expertise is formidable and deep. Ask Osler’s competition/antitrust lawyers about:
- Abuse of Dominance and Monopolization
- Antitrust Counselling and Compliance
- Cartels and Bid Rigging
- Class Action Litigation
- Competition Litigation
- Competitor Collaborations/Strategic Alliances
- Criminal Defence
- Government/Regulatory Investigations
- Investment Canada Act and Foreign Investment
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Misleading Advertising and Deceptive Telemarketing
- Pricing Practices and Distribution Strategies (price maintenance, tied selling, refusals to deal)
- Search and Seizure