Osler is consistently recognized as a leader in Canadian business law not only by leading independent legal publishers, but also – and most importantly – from our clients. Our most recent recognitions and accolades are listed below.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Osler ranked #1 law firm in the full-year 2018 Canadian M&A league tables published by Thomson Reuters and Mergermarket. According to Thomson Reuters, there was US$275 billion of deal activity with Canadian involvement announced in 2018. Osler advised on US$59 billion in total transaction value represented by 95 deals.
Highlights of Osler’s 2018 rankings include:
- #1 law firm for Canadian announced deals by value (Thomson Reuters)
- #1 law firm for Canadian announced deals by value (Mergermarket)
- #2 Canadian law firm for Canadian announced deals by value (Bloomberg)
Osler ranked #1 advisor to underwriters in the first half of 2018:
- #1 ranked firm as legal counsel to the underwriters for combined equity and debt offerings (by value) (Financial Post)
- #1 ranked firm as counsel to the underwriters for equity offerings (by value) (Thomson Reuters)
- #1 ranked firm as counsel to the underwriters for debt offerings (by value) (Thomson Reuters)
For a detailed awards & recognition overview of each of our practice areas, please visit our Expertise page.