Osler has extensive experience advising clients in all industry sectors on project development and finance matters. This involvement in an ongoing flow of projects and exposure to the challenges unique to project finance, in particular determining the optimal finance structure, allows us to help satisfy the borrowers financing needs while adequately protecting the lenders.
We have advised on all aspects of project financing, including:
- Bank, bond, equity, subordinated debt and mezzanine financing including complex combined financing;
- Capital market platforms and bridge financings;
- Assisting in developing the financing structure and bid packages;
- Negotiation and drafting of project finance documentation;
- Project contract review, risk assessment, risk matrix analysis, and other due diligence;
- Securities issues and documentation in connection with bond, private note and equity issues;
- Cross-border issues in connection with issues to foreign lenders and investors;
- Direct agreements between lenders and project participants; and
- Assisting in structuring, presentation and responding to rating agencies.