Osler’s Construction Group provides advice on all types of commercial, industrial and institutional construction projects, infrastructure developments, public-private partnerships, alternative financing and procurement, energy, health, transportation and other projects.
Clients come to Osler for construction advice for the following reasons:
- Technical and Commercial Knowledge. Many of our lawyers hold both law and engineering degrees and have hands-on project experience, which means that clients receive technical excellence and commercial know-how on their most important matters.
- Understanding Project Risk. We achieve the results our clients expect on their projects by understanding the risks and providing practical advice and representation.
- Litigation and Mediation Expertise. Our construction litigators provide litigation, mediation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution advice on the construction process. We have appeared at all levels of the courts and understand how to quickly and effectively navigate the system to get a project back on track and achieve the results our clients want.
- National and U.S. Expertise. Osler can tailor services to the specific needs of our clients by drawing on a full range of project development and litigation services in our Toronto, Montréal, Calgary, Ottawa and New York offices.
Ask our construction lawyers about:
- Front-end structuring and contracting
- Project structuring and development
- Commercial and industrial projects
- Design and construction
- Litigation, arbitration, mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- Procurement and tendering
- Operations and maintenance issues
- Risk allocation and management
- Performance guarantees and bonds
- Public-private partnerships and alternative financing